Friday, 23 April 2010
Tracing through the memories of all the Mother's Day events in my life, whether for my mother, or as a mother, none were so memorable as the one that depicted the essence of a woman.
The finest of Mother's Day gifts fashioned in a forum for women by women through the creation of a tea party proved to be the most influential tribute to us all.
Imagine yourself in a setting that time has forgotten. You are a woman; you epitomize the images of beauty and grace. You are the matriarch; you are the core of family values and nourishment. Loved ones and friends idolize you for your presence and knowledge. This is the purpose.
Imagine yourself in a setting that has diminished with time. Dignified women arranged at spring gardenesque venues gather for afternoon tea. Bathed in feminine attire they are wearing hats and gloves and flowing dresses. Intoxicating perfume emits from the fresh flowers so elegantly displayed on the tables, and floats through the air. Tinkling tea cups designed with elaborate motifs made of the finest bone china encapsulate the exotic blends of comforting teas. A beautiful gift basket for Mother's Day adorns the intricate setting made by women for women.
Particularly eminent are the sweet aromas of rich buttery pastries and soft creamy finger sandwiches. Fresh berries topped with crème fraiche, and a hint of vanilla, melt on your palate before it touches your lips. Colorful plates and lace cut doilies accent the beautiful presentation of petite fours and truffles.
Blissfully in the background you hear the celestial murmur of harp and violin captivating your soul in a way to soothe and mesmerize your heart. In a quiet soliloquy you may gather your thoughts. It is at this moment that all the senses are engaged with satisfying eloquence. This is the experience.
The bond between women is unmatched by any other group. Women consult, console, cajole and communicate. They respect, resonate, rejoice and reconcile. Where there is pain and suffering you will find a woman who can heal in her own gentle way. Where there is sadness and disappointment a woman can provide kindness and sentiment with words unspoken.
Among us there are women who can evoke such powerful proclamations and offer a nurturing spirit simultaneously. The appreciation and connection between women is a unique and commanding characteristic. No one can understand a woman in the way another woman can. The method by which a woman performs such feats is not a learned skill, but born to her. This is the appreciation.
By far, the tea party landscape provided a platform for women to reenact an era that has long passed into obscurity. As women have moved in tremendous strides toward success and independence, regardless of their struggles or stature, they are women first. Being a woman, personifying her feminine side, by no means distracts from her strength and fortitude. On the contrary, it exemplifies her presence, her position and her passions. Such a beautiful celebration has given us a taste for days gone by and a loving tribute to the women who have touched us along the way.
Discover a new approach for Mother's Day gifts this year, and compliment the special women in your life with a twist on an old fashioned favorite. The memory will last a lifetime. Pinkies up ladies!!
Beautifully designed gift baskets make a statement like no other. With that special someone in mind, imagine their excitement when accepting an impressive gift basket delivered with our guarantee.
Dolce Vita Baskets has a philosophy to help others enjoy the finer things in life on many different levels. In such a complicated world, we need to bring our focus back to basics by remembering to bring joy to those especially entitled. And also to those who especially need your support in their goals. Quality designed theme gift baskets delivered for all occasions with class.
Tuesday, 20 April 2010
There are custom made gift baskets for everything under the sun that calls for celebration, or to convey a feeling of love. The most important change is that now you need not go to a brick and mortar shop to buy one and neither do you have to take the trouble of delivering it personally. Just like so many other things the internet has made this easy too! This is the main reason that has led to the boom in this business.
People have busy schedules and gift making companies aware of this have grabbed it as an excellent business opportunity whereby they are making easy a small part of an individual's social responsibility by delivering beautiful gifts to doorsteps. They keep ready designs and gifts suitable for occasions like festivals, birthdays, anniversaries, father's day, mother's day, weddings, birth of a new baby etc. This makes last minute shopping fast and easy for everybody as these sites also provide for same day delivery.
A lot of other businesses have also grown due to this new trend, for example the handicraft industry making baskets has hugely benefited.
Although the variety available is mind boggling, the all time favorites are an assortment of chocolates, cookies, fruits or a beautiful arrangement of flowers.
As far as the baskets are concerned, they are available in exquisite colors and designs and one can definitely call them a labor of love for they are a sight! Material used in making and for decoration is a mix of old and modern but environment friendly and causes no concern for the environment activists.
The largest quantity of gift exchange perhaps happens during the Christmas season. It is an unofficial rule during this season and it is expected across all relationships whether personal or business.
You want to convey your love and appreciation without using words just pick a gift basket but the true spirit of giving is seen during Christmas by the quantity of Christmas gift baskets that are sold during this time.
Monday, 19 April 2010
There are many reasons why one may need a service like same day delivery flowers, let's face it, we all need a service like this in the fast paced lives we find ourselves in, in the 21st century. Some people have personal assistants to do little time consuming things, like order flowers and have them delivered for whatever reason they may be needed. For the rest of us that have to find the time to do it ourselves, there are same day delivery flowers.
It happens to the best of us, we forget important dates or occasions, and we need a really quick solution to the problem. One of the best things ever to come with the invention of the internet, just order some flowers online, convenience at your fingertips. You can save relationships with your mother, girlfriend, wife, or basically every woman in your life and they will love it and in turn, love you. Your best guy friend will settle for an ice cold beer a few days later, but women tend to hold it against you forever. Now even you have a way to make it better, no matter what you have done, the first and best step is always flowers, they soften a ladies heart like few things can.
It's really as easy as it sounds, you search for it on the internet, write a personal message, pay online and someone delivers it for you. There are options that work with your budget, and what the lady prefers.
Sometimes there are really occasions that are out of your control and here the same day delivery flowers becomes more convenient than you can ever imagine. People cannot control when little ones decide it is time to make their entrance into the big world out, and you will never be prepared, no matter what. But thanks to this convenient and easy service, you will seem more prepared than anyone ever gave you credit for. The new mother will love it, they always do.
There are also the other, not so nice reasons that you may need flowers fast. We all know what it's like to have a loved one in the hospital for whatever reason, accidents and illness are present in our daily lives, and never come with warning, ever. Same day delivery flowers for those unforeseen circumstances, is quick and easy. It's always a rush to and from the hospital. Imagine the flowers are there waiting for you when you get there... and that's if you can get there.
In this day and age, the distance between friend and family can be large, covering countries, continents and even the world. For whatever reason, people will always know that your thoughts are with them. Same day delivery flowers makes this gap smaller, and your thoughts a little closer.
This is a great service that is convenient and easy, you will never have to find a florist ever again, there is a system that does this for you, use it, and make life a little easier on yourself.
Thursday, 15 April 2010
Looking for some Mothers Day ideas to make this year special for her? There are lots of things you can do.
Mothers like to spend time with their kids, so here are some ideas for things you can do with her on her special day.
- Take her to a movie
- Take her out to lunch, brunch or dinner
- Go on a picnic - you should provide the food, of course
- For elderly moms, taking them out for a leisurely ride can be enjoyable for them
- Go for a walk in a pretty setting
- Go to church with her
- Visit with her at home for a while
- Cook her a nice breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Look through old family pictures with her
- Do some gardening with her - Mothers Day is the perfect time to plant some flowers and get ready for summer
- Visit a museum or go on a tour she would enjoy
- Take her on a canoe ride - you paddle!
- Go for a bike ride with her
If you have siblings, you will need to coordinate what you want to do with them as your mom probably won't want to eat four lunches!
If you are looking for Mothers Day gift ideas, here are some.
- Pretty spring like flowers
- Gift basket
- Gift certificates to her favorite restaurant, store, nail salon or spa
- Do a job for her that she needs done
- A family portrait or one of all the kids
- A poem or letter you write to her
There are all kinds of ideas you can do for your mom for Mothers Day. The important thing is to say that you're thinking of her and that she is special to you.
When my kids were younger, we used to go on picnics the years that the weather cooperated. Now, we go out to dinner to somewhere I like. Dinner is not as crowded as lunchtime, so we enjoy going then.
If you don't live near your mom, be sure you call her and send her a nice gift. Flowers, a pretty gift basket filled with goodies or a teddy bear gram are all good choices. Cards are always appreciated, especially with a personal note written on it.
Mothers are very special people. They are always there for you, so you want to be there for them when you have the chance. And not just on Mothers Day, but all year. Don't let this Mothers Day slip by without showing her how much you care.
Wednesday, 14 April 2010
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chocolate liqueur
1 recipe White Frosting, recipe below
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line eighteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups.
2. In large mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup butter, granulated sugar, and oil with electric mixer on medium speed to combine. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. In separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
4. Add half the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and blend well. Add 1/4 cup sour cream; blend. Add the remaining dry ingredients; blend. Add remaining sour cream and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla; blend.
5. Fill lined cups three-quarters full. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
6. Cool cupcakes on wire rack in pans 5 minutes. Remover from pans and cool completely on wire racks. Makes 18 cupcakes.
White Frosting: In large mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup chocolate liqueur, 2 tablespoons whipping cream, and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla with electric mixer on medium-high speed. Beat in one 16-ounce box powdered sugar until combined.
Calories 342, Total Fat (g) 15, Saturated Fat (g) 8, Cholesterol (mg) 56, Sodium (mg) 153, Carbohydrate (g) 48, Fiber (g) 1, Protein (g) 2, Vitamin C (DV%) 3, Calcium (DV%) 2, Iron (DV%) 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Tuesday, 13 April 2010
Designing your own gift basket can be a fun process and it is even more beneficial if you are on a tight budget. There is a personal satisfaction that comes from building something out of nothing which makes this endeavor a thrilling idea. For people who are interested in making one for a special occasion, or a special someone, keep on reading as we'll share with you a few simple romantic gift basket ideas.
Make a dinner-for-two romantic gift basket and surprise your loved one with this very personal gesture. For instance, you would want to buy a bottle of red wine, some red candles, red ribbons and fancy-looking red items to be placed in your basket, if it is for a Valentine's candlelight dinner. The actual process of making the gift container is easy as the only things needed are a basket for you to place the self-picked items in, a simple card and a ribbon to wrap everything together. However, what matters the most would be the main gift which will be placed in the basket.
Other romantic gift basket ideas can actually depend on how far you are willing to go with your imagination. If your partner loves chocolates, you can fill up your gift container with a wide array of chocolate-related things that he will love. These include his favorite chocolate bars, chocolate candy, chocolate milk or a shirt that simply says "I love chocolates!"
If it is going to be a romantic picnic by the beach, you may want to consider making a romantic beach picnic gift basket. You can add in the right items that can actually be used during the picnic such as fruits and snacks. But don't forget to add a little something that has a personal significance to your special man or woman. Have fun!
Monday, 05 April 2010
Finding that absolute perfect gift to present to your mum on Mother's Day, or Mothering Sunday as some still call this extra special day, is important for many of us who want to show our mothers just how much we appreciate them today and all year round.
Here are some of the most popular gift ideas you may want to consider for your own mum for Mother's Day now and in the years to come:
- Charitable Gifts: Making a contribution or donation to a charity close to your mum's heart in her name is an incredible way to share the love on Mother's Day. There are countless worthy organisations that desperately need the help of generous people.
- Eco Friendly Gifts: With growing concerns over the state of the planet's environment, eco friendly gifts are becoming more and more popular. Plant a tree, or two, in honor of your mum and only buy products that are safe for the environment.
- Jewellery: The choices for beautiful pieces of jewellery for mum are just about near endless. Choose from earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets, ankle and charm bracelets, and brooches or pins. Whether it's her favorite colour, gemstone, or monthly birthstone, jewellery, inexpensive or otherwise, makes for a lovely Mother's Day gift.
- Personalised Gifts: Personalised gifts are always cherished and there are so many things to choose from including clothing, coffee mugs, jewellery, linens, pens or stationery supplies, picture frames, porcelain figurines and wall hangings, just to name a few choices.
- Relaxation Packages: Indulge your mother this year with a gift to a spa for a day of pampering and relaxation, or perhaps for a full body massage, facial, or makeover workshop. She will definitely appreciate being made to feel special and it is a great way to thank her for all of her hard work throughout the years.
You can also make your own little relaxation package, an especially good idea if your budget is a concern, by filling a decorative basket or bag with body lotions, creams, soaps, and perfumes and tying a pretty ribbon in her favorite colour into a bow. You might also want to print some "coupons" redeemable to you for things like going out for lunch, a shopping trip, or helping your mum with various tasks around the house.
- Theatre tickets: For the mum who is a theatre buff, tickets to the latest show for her and you or a companion are a fun and thoughtful gift. You could also include a certificate for a restaurant so she can dine out either before or after the event too.
- The Gift of Learning: Has your mum always wanted to learn how to cook or make a certain type of craft? Why not give her the gift of learning this Mother's Day by signing her up for a workshop or class either online or at a local school? Or you could scour the bookstores and the Internet and purchase several different books on one of her favorite subjects and present them to her along with a small bookshelf or desk.
Mother's Day comes but once a year so take the time to find a special gift you know your mum will love and appreciate just as much as you do her.